The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
171: The One Where Austin Tells How He Got Here
Manage episode 220724545 series 74225
Earlier this week Andrew shared his story, and now we’re turning the tables.
Today I talk about how I went from pursuing a career in investment banking to realizing I wanted to become an entrepreneur and eventually starting Ecommerce Influence.
Digital marketing has evolved so much over the last decade, especially for ecommerce, and my career has evolved along with it. I’ll share how I built a business I'm excited about while also creating a lifestyle that gives me freedom and flexibility.
- 3:54 Why Austin started Ecommerce Influence
- 5:07 Moving away from the typical agency: The birth of Brand Growth Experts
- 7:09 Austin's early career pursuits begin in China
- 8:14 When Austin realized he wanted to become an entrepreneur
- 9:38 Start-up life and learning how to become an entrepreneur
- 12:02 If you can sell a $100,000 product with triggered emails, you can sell anything with triggered emails
- 14:25 How working for a start-up provided the best education for growing a business
- 16:42 Austin starts building his own business
- 21:19 An evolution in personalized, lifecycle marketing
- 24:43 The inception of Ecommerce Influence and why Austin decided he didn't want to run a traditional agency
- 27:31 How Austin's created a business that reflects his core values
- 31:10 Helping business scale with the Brand Growth Experts Membership
- 35:23 The project Austin's most excited about right now
If you liked this episode, you're going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!Sponsor
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyo and you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
178 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 33 mins duration .