Manage episode 278699127 series 1287878
VocTech Now was part of Ufi's response to support the vocational learning sector in the UK during the Covid-19 pandemic.
It addressed the immediate barriers being faced by supporting vocational learning providers to rapidly transition to remote teaching and training and deliver accessible learning at a time of significant change. This was done with small grants of between £10k and £25k.
In this episode, you'll hear stories from three colleges; Lancaster & Morecambe College, the Isle of Wight College and South West College in Northern Ireland. Our guests talk about some of the Further Education challenges they faced during 2020, how their collaboration with VocTech Now had a positive impact and we delve into some of the lessons they have learnt along the way.
Enjoy and follow the conversation using #VocTechPodcast and #VocTechNow.
- Kev Jones, Project Account Manager, Ufi VocTech Trust | Twitter: @tweetkevjones
- Louise Woods, e-Content Designer/ Digital Learning Developer, South West College | Twitter: @l_woods82
- Melissa Grimes, Learning Resource Centre Coordinator, South West College (Dungannon site)
- Ian Grayling, Project Account Manager for Ufi VocTech Trust and Executive Director at thelyceumpro
- Dawn Smart, Contracts and Performance Manager, The Isle of Wight College | Twitter: @iwcollege
- Iain Parkinson, Head of Faculty: Sport, Care, Art, Media and Public Services, Lancaster & Morecambe College | Twitter: @LMCollege
- Mark Berthelemy, Independent digital problem solver, | Website: https://mark.berthelemy.net/
- Ty Goddard, Director & Co-founder of The Education Foundation and Chair of Edtech UK | Twitter: @ty_goddard
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
Show Notes and References
Check out https://theedtechpodcast.com/edtechpodcast for the full show notes.
Tell us your story
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via. twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.