Manage episode 225364787 series 2391563
Do you want to have younger looking skin? How about more energy? Do you need relief from pain or arthritis? Maybe you suffer from Hashimoto's, diabetes, or are at risk of brain-related diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s). Perhaps you have some stubborn fat or cellulite you can’t seem to shed. Believe it or not, there is a therapy scientifically proven in over 5,000 studies to do all that and more! It's red light therapy (and near-infrared light therapy). (You may be aware that I recently wrote a book on this subject, The Ultimate Guide to Red Light Therapy.)
In this episode, I speak with a researcher who is widely regarded as the world's top expert on this subject, Dr. Michael Hamblin, Ph.D., an associate professor at Harvard Medical School. He's a member of the affiliated faculty of the Harvard MIT Division of Health, Science, and Technology and has published more than 400 peer-reviewed papers. Dr. Hamblin will be sharing his knowledge about the science on the amazing benefits of red light therapy.
[toc]In this podcast, Dr. Hamblin will cover
- The astounding benefits of red light therapy for neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s and Parkinson's)
- What red and near-infrared light therapy (photobiomodulation) is
- How Hashimoto’s patients can treat hypothyroidism with red light therapy
- Why photobiomodulation is a popular research topic
- Are there any areas where manufacturers claim red light therapy benefits (without science to back it up)?
- How to use photobiomodulation for fat loss, and strength gain
- Can you overdose on red light therapy? If so, what are the side effects?
- Comparing LED and Laser devices
- Why photobiomodulation can help during cancer treatment
- And more...