Manage episode 189087054 series 1422806
3D Printing for Investment Casting - Jerry Lepore – Ep43
This week we have Jerry Lepore. He is the CEO of Spectra3D, which is a 3D focused development company located in Asheville North Carolina (my home state).
Spectra3D specializes in 3D printed investment casting patterns and tooling, as well as Cosplay props & more. They use Stacker and Fusion3 Design 3D printers.
Some topics discussed include:
- How 3D printing for Investment Casting works. 3D printing is using a new technology to improve the process of an ancient technology like investment casting
- His largest ever print job (1800 pieces and it took a month to complete, running nonstop)
- 3D printed 5 foot cos play axe
His top tips for the Engineering Entrepreneurs?
1. Get a 3d printer and try things
2. Take your hobby and turn into a business
To contact Jerry
1. Follow on twitter: @spectra3Dtech
70 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 34 mins duration .