Manage episode 163121907 series 1281827
In this special episode released on Thanksgiving week, #1 Bestselling Author and Highly Acclaimed business & Entrepreneur Expert, Mel Abraham talks about bringing gratitude into your life. Being thankful impacts more than just your personal life as it reflects in your business and society.
The framework is about how to make the habit of being grateful a part of your life, business and everything.
The Gratitude Grid
- Notice: We are able to notice the good and bad things in life, but it is a matter of what we pay our attention to. Without ignoring the bad, intentionally notice the good that comes in our path.
- Humility: It is imperative to be modest and respectful while putting away your ego. Your modesty attracts many towards you, and the respect you have for others will make you humble which in turn will help you become grateful towards the things in life.
- Commit: Really commit to showing gratitude, and stop perpetuating the negativity that might exist around your life. Instead of complaining, criticizing and judging, break that pattern and commit to it.
- Journal: Journal everyday at the same time to write about the five things that you are grateful for. Those things might repeat or change but you should truly feel, reflect and appreciate them.
- Compliment: Without having ulterior motives, introduce complimenting words as a part of your everyday vocabulary. Don't miss the opportunities where you can honestly compliment others—that you know or don't know—at least three times a day.
- Cause: Find the external thing that is driving you and go out there to give back. It should be something that is beyond your accomplishments, and do it so that the lives that you have touched are better because of you.
- Transform: Your negative associations and memories should be transformed into positives. When they are triggered, you have something warm and fond to remember. Transforming them might be complex but over time it is possible.
- Learn: Get to know about other people and things so that you can grow as a person, intellect and a force in the society. Learn something new every day.
- Sincerity: Be sincere while being grateful. Do not do it just as a checklist, but do it with authenticity. If you really mean it, you end up feeling much better.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of Business Breakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helps entrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build the lifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought after entrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlike many other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everything he teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and sold numerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as his clients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The Modern Millionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur, Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and have generated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, ranging from large corporations to startups and small family-owned businesses.
Mel is a true believer in the entrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” is the paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to living life bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is a weekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show where entrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all of his business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one of our time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not only teaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design, create and build your business so it gives you the life and lifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the free entrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blog on Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabrahamTweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneurLinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabrahamWebsite: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .