Manage episode 163121896 series 1281827
What do you do when a situation comes up? Do you react or respond to your employees, teams and customers? There is a huge difference between reacting and responding, and it will determine the outcome in the end.
- Key Problems: If you get it wrong by reacting instead of responding, you are going to be in a volatile stage, you become a slave to others and the problem is actually escalated.
- Key Promises: If you get it right, you will find yourself living in a much calmer state, you will have created methodical solutions and the outcomes will definitely be better.
To embrace it, you will need to follow these Key Principles:
- Stress Inoculation: It is about putting your body emotionally, spiritually and physically into a situation to see your response and process it so you are able to manage it better.
- Power of Anticipation: If you anticipate potential pitfalls and challenges, you can figure out ways to navigate through those and become better prepared.
- Establish Options Early: Develop multiple plans and options early on so that you have your alternatives in your arsenal when the real deal comes up.
This paradigm helps us to understand and compare the different outcomes that reacting vs responding modes produce.
If you just react:
- Your goals will be short-sighted
- There will be passive aggressive behavior
- Responses will be emotional
- There will be no or very poor communication
- There will be overreaction
- A lot of assumptions will be there and people will directly jump into conclusions
On the other hand, if you respond:
- Goals will be visionary
- Values will drive the situation
- The responses will come from a place of knowledge
- Communication will be highly connected
- Instead of overreacting, you will focus on facts
- Your anticipation will help the response to be pre-thought out
So, if you don’t get it right and just react, it will lead to more issues. But if you do get it right by responding, it will lead to solutions.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of Business Breakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helps entrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build the lifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought after entrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlike many other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everything he teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and sold numerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as his clients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The Modern Millionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur, Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and have generated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, ranging from large corporations to startups and small family-owned businesses.
Mel is a true believer in the entrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” is the paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to living life bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is a weekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show where entrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all of his business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one of our time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not only teaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design, create and build your business so it gives you the life and lifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the free entrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blog on Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabrahamTweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneurLinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabrahamWebsite: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .