Manage episode 163121893 series 1281827
In this episode, #1 Bestselling Author and Highly Acclaimed business & Entrepreneur Expert, Mel Abraham, answers a question by Laurence Marie David. The question is about why people unconsciously sabotage themselves and how it can be transformed.
If we don’t conquer this thing called self-sabotage, we find ourselves in a situation where we create strategies that break down, we relive the experience over and over again, and we also feel helpless. But if we are able to conquer it, our confidence builds, we have micro successes that needs to be celebrated and we get a bigger vision.
In order to defeat self-sabotage, we need to:
- Have Behavior Baselines: Recognize those behaviors that contribute to self-sabotage.
- Get to Higher Ground: Move upstream to identify the trigger.
- Keep Your Eye on the Prize: Understand why we are in the game.
There are 4 stages involved in removing self-sabotage from your life:
- Observe Behavior: Revisit and reflect those times when you felt self-sabotage and discern those behaviors. You need to become aware of it and recognize what it is. Find the pattern of such behavior and then list them out. It could be any habits or patterns that distract you—things like internet, food and drinks.
- Define Trigger: Find that moment in time that triggers the behavior or thought which redirects you from success to unproductivity. Identify the thought process or mindset and do it specifically so that you get an understanding of what is going on.
- Replace Behavior: Now, it is time to replace the behavior with something that is more appropriate, positive and productive. Do this by connecting the old triggers with a positive behavior. Journaling or writing down the commitment statements definitely help you stick to it.
- Get Champions: Find mentors, accountability partners and a community who are willing to help and support you. Give them your triggers, old and new behaviors that they can identify. Also, give them the permission to hold you accountable for your actions. Finally, tie the outcomes to a consequence or reward and you are on your way to eliminate self-sabotage.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of Business Breakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helps entrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build the lifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought after entrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlike many other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everything he teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and sold numerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as his clients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The Modern Millionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur, Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and have generated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, ranging from large corporations to startups and small family-owned businesses.
Mel is a true believer in the entrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” is the paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to living life bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is a weekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show where entrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all of his business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one of our time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not only teaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design, create and build your business so it gives you the life and lifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the free entrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blog on Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabrahamTweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneurLinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabrahamWebsite: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .