Manage episode 163121879 series 1281827
In this episode, #1 Bestselling Author and Highly Acclaimed business & Entrepreneur Expert, Mel Abraham, talks about the steps you can follow so that you are seen as a leader. All of us are leading someone and if we don't get it right, we have no real knowledge, no real results, and we are seen as an imposter. But if we do it right and get a command of this, you are seen with a distinct and unique set of talents and knowledge, it is highly valuable and you ultimately become the "go to" authority.
These are the things that you need to know to be perceived as an authority:
- Impact Focus: To be in a thought leader level, we need to focus on the impact that our information, business and thought process has.
- Unique Insights: You cannot be a repeater but have to give unique perspective.
- Solution Driven: There’s a specific problem and you have the precise solution for it.
In this matrix, at the bottom there is no reputation and at the top, there is great reputation. On the left, there is low knowledge and on the right there is deep knowledge. Here are the types of people present in the four quadrants:
- Task Junkie: In the lower left quadrant, someone who is really task driven and income is low. It feels like serving time and swapping it for dollars.
- Book Worm: In the bottom right quadrant, people who are relatively unknown. They are the ones in the offices who love their work and are technically astute.
- Great Imposter: In the top left quadrant, this is someone with a low or just surface level of knowledge but is a good marketer. They have a short lifespan because they don’t possess the depth of skill.
- Authority: In the top right quadrant is where you want to be. These folks are highly valued because of their unique insights and distinct solutions. They really have a deep level of knowledge.
The focus of these four types of folks differs. On the bottom you have no focus and impact focus respectively and on the top, there’s marketing focus and knowledge focus respectively. What you want to do is have a deep level of knowledge and be capable of tremendous impact in order to transcend from commodity space to premium dollar space.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of BusinessBreakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helpsentrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build thelifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought afterentrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlikemany other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everythinghe teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and soldnumerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as hisclients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The ModernMillionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur,Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and havegenerated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, rangingfrom large corporations to startups and small family-ownedbusinesses.
Mel is a true believer in theentrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” isthe paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to livinglife bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is aweekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show whereentrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all ofhis business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one ofour time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not onlyteaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design,create and build your business so it gives you the life andlifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the freeentrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blogon Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabraham Tweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneur LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabraham Website: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .