Manage episode 163121878 series 1281827
In this episode, #1 Bestselling Author and Highly Acclaimed business & Entrepreneur Expert, Mel Abraham, discusses how we can communicate effectively and shift people’s thinking. To get your point across to someone else’s mind you have to communicate in a way that is consistent and its effectiveness is measured by the results you get.
The challenges that we face if we don’t get this right is that we’re not heard, we have no impact and ultimately we end up not being fulfilled. On the other hand, if we get it right, it is music to our ears, and in the process you can shift people’s thinking and build a movement.
Here are the important things that you need to know:
- Forget your bias and communicate beyond it to get your point across.
- Need to touch all of the preferences and perspectives out there.
- Use the right tools to bring it to life.
In this framework, in the center of it all is insight. Then you will find detail thinkers versus big thinkers on the top and bottom respectively. Similarly, on the left and right respectively there is low emotion and high emotion.
Now, let us take a look at the four different communication pathways:
- Data Wonk: These are the people who are detail thinkers and want to see data, proof and numbers, and their choices are made from a low emotion standpoint. They are grounded, systematic and analytical.
- Storyteller: They are detail oriented but are emotional as well. They give a lot of detail and descriptive information that are memorable and compelling.
- Visionary: They have high emotion and are big thinkers so they are very passionate and idealistic. They are ready to take on problems or situations as they are visionary.
- Architect: They are the builders who are practical and will find simplicity on the other side of complexity. They will use processes and diagrams in their communication.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of BusinessBreakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helpsentrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build thelifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought afterentrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlikemany other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everythinghe teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and soldnumerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as hisclients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The ModernMillionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur,Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and havegenerated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, rangingfrom large corporations to startups and small family-ownedbusinesses.
Mel is a true believer in theentrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” isthe paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to livinglife bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is aweekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show whereentrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all ofhis business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one ofour time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not onlyteaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design,create and build your business so it gives you the life andlifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the freeentrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blogon Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabraham Tweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneur LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabraham Website: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .