Manage episode 163121875 series 1281827
In this episode, #1 Bestselling Author and Highly Acclaimed business & Entrepreneur Expert, Mel Abraham, talks about defining yourself to create your identity because it is one of the most important choices you can make as a person.
If you get it wrong, you are lost because you don’t really know who you are and what you stand for, you get inconsistent results and others lose trust in you because they can’t trust the response. If we get it right we get clarity, become directed in a particular direction and ultimately we become highly trusted. So, what you need to know is that your identity starts with your thoughts, actions will bring them into being and the results will drive it deeper.The Personal Identity Cycle
- Values: To figure out your identity, the first thing you need to consider is what your values are. It drives everything and can be internally or externally sourced.
- Thoughts: Ultimately values lead to our thoughts. They are the start of everything. All the things around you lived in the thoughts of someone before they were invented. In order to get behavior change, we have to go through our thoughts first.
- Words: Thoughts lead to words. The words you use to communicate or tell yourselves something is the manifestation of your internal thinking. So carefully consider the words you use when you communicate before actually doing it.
- Actions: Actions are driven by words. The actions we take are an important part of our identity. Be positive with words and follow them up with considerate actions.
- Habits: Our repetitive actions are what we call habits. We are so much ingrained in these that we do them without thinking. You don’t need to give careful thoughts to such habits as they are deep in our psyche.
- Results: Finally, everything leads to the results that you generate. This is the final point in the cycle which will go around continuously. The sum total of this cycle is our identity.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of BusinessBreakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helpsentrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build thelifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought afterentrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlikemany other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everythinghe teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and soldnumerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as hisclients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The ModernMillionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur,Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and havegenerated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, rangingfrom large corporations to startups and small family-ownedbusinesses.
Mel is a true believer in theentrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” isthe paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to livinglife bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is aweekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show whereentrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all ofhis business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one ofour time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not onlyteaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design,create and build your business so it gives you the life andlifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the freeentrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blogon Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabraham Tweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneur LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabraham Website: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .