Manage episode 170336967 series 1281827
In this episode, #1 Bestselling Author and Highly Acclaimed business & Entrepreneur Expert, Mel Abraham, talks about moving from goal-setting to goal-getting using something called The Achievement Ladder. If we are not focused on achievement and goal-getting, we end up with spotty success, we have a complete lack of drive and we start to stew pessimism. When we get it right, we will walk through the success gateway, we are hyper-driven and we approach things with a knowing.
Here are the 3 things that you need to know:
- Micro-successes are key
- Blame builds walls
- Positive expectancy
Goals are useless unless they are energized by emotion. They should be aligned with your vision and purpose. This ladder of achievement is meant to infuse you with the energy so you move from goals to success.
Personal Growth: At the very bottom of this framework is personal growth. In order for you to succeed, you need to be willing to do things and have that inherent desire to grow.Perseverance
- Purpose: Why are you doing this? Why do you want this goal? Write it down because purpose is effectively your emotional why.
- Passion: What is the passion you bring to it? You got to have strong emotions behind it so that you and your team will get behind the mission.
- Patience: Have the patience to continue on the path to build things. You can’t control everything but you need to have the patience to deal with the setbacks and move forward.
- Plan: What are the bite-sized action steps that you have in place? You need to plan out the resources, people and help that you need in your journey.
- People: Who are the people you need? Success is never a solitary pursuit. Think of the people you need like employees, team and customers.
- Positivity: Have positive expectancy. Be idealistic as well as realistic. Come up with 2 to 3 emotionally compelling positive statements to bring you back to the center.
ABOUT MEL ABRAHAM
Mel is the founder of BusinessBreakthrough Academy and Thoughtpreneur Academy where he helpsentrepreneurs bring their businesses to the world and build thelifestyle that they want. Mel is one the most sought afterentrepreneurial mentor and strategic thinkers of our time. Unlikemany other so called “business coaches”, Mel has lived everythinghe teaches and continues to do so. Mel has built, bought and soldnumerous multimillion-dollar businesses for himself as well as hisclients. As the author of The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The ModernMillionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom Entrepreneur,Mel’s strategies have helped build thousands of businesses and havegenerated hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients, rangingfrom large corporations to startups and small family-ownedbusinesses.
Mel is a true believer in theentrepreneurial way of life and says that this “new frontier” isthe paradigm that will shift society from simply existing to livinglife bigger, bolder and on their own terms.
Meet Mel at http://melabraham.com/
THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOLUTION
The Entrepreneur's Solution is aweekly entrepreneur, business, wealth and lifestyle show whereentrepreneur, speaker and author Mel Abraham reveals all ofhis business and entrepreneur building strategies. Mel is one ofour time's most sought after mentors and speakers that not onlyteaches but also lives what he teaches. Discover how to design,create and build your business so it gives you the life andlifestyle you want.
Subscribe to the freeentrepreneurial podcast here: http://melabraham.com/podcast
The Entrepreneur's Solution Blogon Tumblr: http://melabraham.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Join Mel's FB Fans: https://www.facebook.com/melhabraham Tweet Mel: http://twitter.com/MelHAbInstagram: http://instagram.com/legacyentrepreneur LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/melhabraham Website: http://MelAbraham.com
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 28 mins duration .