Manage episode 284629320 series 2459840
My guest for today’s episode is Fawn Germer, and we’re talking about why the pandemic offers a tremendous opportunity for those of use willing to step up to the plate.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
1. Lessons learned about perseverance in the face of falling down – often.
2. Advice for people looking for a job during COVID, especially those who have been looking for months.
3. How to stand out in your job during these times of uncertainty and rapid change.
4. How to keep your skills current to remain marketable in a crowded job market.
5. The concept of guerilla networking – and how to do it.
Fawn Germer is the irreverent best-selling author of nine books including the Oprah book, Hard Won Wisdom. She has been a keynote speaker for more than 80 Fortune 500 companies and was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize four times. Fawn’s first book was rejected by every major publisher in the United States, but Fawn would not give up until it was the No. 1 nonfiction bestseller that Oprah loved.
Her latest book, Coming Back! How to Win the Job You Want When You’ve Lost the Job You Need shows how to turbocharge your career with a quick injection of relevance. Why do so many careers sputter out midstream? Fawn shows how to get back on track if you have been sidelined or cast out. She interviewed more than 300 CEOs, senior executives, academics, workplace experts and professionals to find out how to maintain momentum and viability all the way until the end of your career.
Are you in the wrong job that chips away at you every day? The CareerSpring coaching program will help you find a job that uses your zone of genius, recognizes your value, and pays you what you’re worth.
Schedule a complimentary consult to learn more: https://calendly.com/lesaedwards/zoom-meetings2