37: Healing Through Spirituality, Floating and Psychedelics After The Loss Of A Parent with Ashley Sauve
Manage episode 245931602 series 2510858
You may know Ashley Sauve (@ashleysauvehealth) for her no-BS evidence-based approach to health that she shares on the ‘gram and if you’re an avid follower, you may also know that she lost her mom to pancreatic cancer this time last year. This came after years of growing up around mental illness and addiction, living in many different homes and caring for an ill parent.
You never really know how you’re going to react or be after experiencing something like this, but the way this loss transformed Ashley’s life and how she now sees the world is incredible, as it differs greatly from how she previously viewed the world from a strictly evidence-based perspective.
Disclaimer: While psychedelics are discussed in this episode, please note that we do not recommend using or experimenting with psychedelics and if you choose to do so, it is at your own personal discretion.
In this episode we discuss:
- Ashley’s unconventional childhood and upbringing
- Coping with the loss of a parent after a life-long dysfunctional relationship
- The best support you can give someone experiencing loss
- Spiritual and physical benefits of floating
- Why we need to stop pathologizing mental illness
- The link between mental illness and being psychic
- How we can look at mental illness differently
- The biggest lesson loss taught Ashley
- Using psychedelics to tap into a higher state of being
- Finding peace with what comes next in life
THANKS TO OUR SHOW SPONSOR, Mindful Beginnings
For support with stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues and life transitions, book your appointment with Individual and Couples Therapist, Melanie Tsesler over at mindfulbeginnings.ca
- Sign Up: Ride For Pancreatic Cancer with Ashley (Cyclebar Leaside)
- LEARN MORE/BOOK NOW: Melanie Tsesler of Mindful Beginnings