Manage episode 185663576 series 1535149
Big Sponge Hangout – Sharing Insights and Information from The World of Learning Technologies
Over the course of four days, some of the biggest names in L&D gathered to share their tips for achieving success across a variety of topics, so that the audience would be able to take away ideas and suggestions to implement into their own L&D programs.
In this session: The right game for you - Are games suitable for your audience, budget and technology? – we explored eLearning games and gamification. Both have been growing in popularity in recent years, yet on the flip side there are some people who are still very nervous about using games.
Our discussion was centered around such questions as:
- What is it about games that make them effective for learning?
- What are some of the key things L&D Managers should consider before introducing an eLearning game?
- Games are not necessarily going to be appropriate for all subjects. Are there any scenarios where you think games are particularly appropriate?
- And what about different audiences. Do you think it’s possible to create games for everyone, or are there times when it’s not the right option for a particular learner group?
- Often it’s assumed that games have to be really expensive, which isn’t the case. Do you have any examples of simpler but really effective games that you could share?
- What do you think will be the next big development for games?
- If you could give just one tip to L&D professionals thinking of using games in their eLearning, what would it be?
About Your Host: A gamification speaker and designer, Monica Cornetti is rated as a #1 Gamification Guru in the world by UK-based Leaderboarded. She is the Founder and CEO of the Sententia Gamification Consortium, hosts a weekly Gamification Talk Radio program, and is author of the book Totally Awesome Training Activity Guide: Put Gamification to Work for You. Monica’s niche is gamification strategy design that can be used within the framework of corporate talent development.
Connect with Monica Twitter @monicacornetti.
87 episodes available. A new episode about every 23 days averaging 32 mins duration .