Manage episode 179036375 series 38519
The news includes:
- Daniel Horowitz of MyHeritage.com has been making a speaking tour of the North American East Coast. Check the dates for the remaining sessions.
- Registration is open for the 2017 Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference (August 30-September 1) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at www.fgsconference.org. FGS announces two impressive DNA workshops presented by leaders in the field.
- Living DNA (www.livingdna.com/en-us) has launched an exciting new DNA research project to map the genetic history of Germany. Working in collaboration with Germany’s largest genealogy society, CompGen, Living DNA is seeking individuals with four locally born grandparents, to take part in the project.
- Findmypast has released more than 782K records for the county of Kent. They have also added 6.7M records to their United States Marriages Collection.
- Drew shares updates from FamilySearch’s recent records additions.
George reviews five books, including a family history and great books for summer reading:
- Loftus, Thomas Joseph. A Loftus-Marshall Family History. Great Falls, VA: Self-published. 2010.
- Hendrickson, Nancy. Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook: A How-To Manual for Tracing Your Family Tree on the #1 Genealogy Website. Cincinnati, OH: Family Tree Books. 2017.
- McMahon, Margaret M., Ph.D. Researching Your U.S. WWI Army Ancestors. CreateSpace [Amazon]. 2016.
- Dando-Collins, Stephen. The Big Break: The Greatest American WWII POW Escape Story Never Told . New York, NY: St. Martin’s Press. 2017.
- Whitehead, Colson. The Underground Railroad. New York, NY: Doubleday Books. 2016.
401 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 59 mins duration .