Manage episode 240140526 series 130676
Culture, Teamwork, Soccer, Leadership, Success
Is it true that there really is no “I” in team? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Hall of Fame soccer icon Kristine Lilly talk about building a Powerhouse with wisdom from her recently-released book that she co-authored by that very name. That and more on today’s show.
Bob's Thought of the Day
- That a team is simply a group of individuals who’ve come together in order to achieve a common goal.
- A powerful quote from legendary NFL Champion Coach, Vince Lombardi.
- How putting one’s interests ahead of the team or organization also hurts the individual.
Interview with Kristine Lilly
- Kristine’s perspective on the recent World Cup.
- Why the United States Women’s National Team is a dynasty.
- What it means to be a “powerhouse.”
- Four actions teams must take in order to become a Powerhouse: Transform, Empower, Achieve, Motivate.
- A powerful story about Tracey Bates (a real hero) helping Kristine with her fitness test.
- How immense preparation created the environment for Kristine’s most famous play.
- What is meant by a “culture of extra.”
- The purpose of Kristine’s TeamFirst Soccer Academy (tri-founded with Mia Hamm and Trisha Venturini-Hoch)
Click to Tweet
- A “powerhouse” #team is one that has great energy, strength, and potential for success. @KristineLilly
- Want to learn about “Building a Powerhouse?” Hall of Fame #Soccer Icon, @KristineLilly shows us how on this episode of The Go-Giver Podcast.
- “We had a ‘culture of extra.’” ~ @MichelleAkers10 via @KristineLilly in her book, “Powerhouse”
Powerhouse: 13 Teamwork Tactics that Build Excellence and Unrivaled Success by Kristine Lilly and Dr. John Gillis, Jr. with Dr. Lynette Gillis