Manage episode 242266142 series 130676
Money, Gratitude, Relationships, Business, Happiness
How do *feel* about money? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, money and happiness expert Ken Honda shares with us why--not the money itself, but our emotions around money--have so much to do with the degree of happiness we experience. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The beauty of a free-market: a place where people can choose to buy and pay for what they wish based on their own values.
- Why money tends to be one of the most emotional concepts there is, and why most people’s reactions to money have a negative ring.
- Several prosperity-based authors who can help you override the constant messages of lack we receive from so many sources.
Interview with Ken Honda
- The story that opens Ken’s book--a rather strange story by Western standards.
- The difference between Happy Money and Unhappy Money.
- Why most of us are already in a deeply committed, unhappy relationship with our money.
- The tragedy that began Ken’s quest to learn and understand the meaning of money.
- Two powerful words that will help you to start to transform your relationship with money.
- Two kinds of money knowledge: IQ and EQ.
- The myth of scarcity and why it is so pervasive.
- What parents must teach their children about money.
Five Steps to Happy Money:
- Shift out of the scarcity mindset.
- Forgive and heal your money wounds.
- Discover your gifts and get into the flow of Happy Money.
- Trust life.
- Say “arigato” all the time.
Click to Tweet
- It is not how much you make or have that results in Happy Money or Unhappy Money; it is the energy in which your #money is given and received that determines your flow. @KenHondaHappy
- Winning the #money game is not how well you do financially. It is how good you FEEL ABOUT PLAYING. @KenHondaHappy
- A healthy relationship with #money can bring you a deep sense of peace. @KenHondaHappy