Manage episode 244414870 series 130676
Attention, Distraction, Time Management, Productivity, Technology
Just how important is our attention when it comes to our achieving that which we desire? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment: It used to be that TIME Management was suggested to help us be more productive. However, today’s guest says the key is actually ATTENTION management. Maura Nevel Thomas will share some very helpful information from her terrific new book on that very topic. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why desire is so important to accomplishing a specific goal.
- A powerful quote from The Master Key System by Charles F. Hannel: “Creative thought requires attention, and the power of attention is, as we have found, the weapon of the Super-man” [today we would use the term “Super-person”].
Interview with Maura Nevel Thomas
- Why “time management” is a myth.
- Maura’s definition of “productivity”: Achieving or producing a significant amount or result.
- The Productivity Paradox, and how to manage it.
- A key insight about our modern technology: it is created to be habit-forming.
- Steps that can help you manage your attention and become more productive.
- The four quadrants of attention management.
- The importance of recognizing how often you allow your attention to be stolen by technology.
Click to Tweet
- How you manage your time only matters if you manage your #attention. @mnthomas
- Since #distraction is our problem, “time-management” is not the solution. The antidote to distraction is #attention. @mnthomas
- #Distraction creates distractability. The more distracted we are, the more distracted we will be. @mnthomas #attention
Attention Management: How To Create Success And Gain Productivity — Every Day by Maura Nevel Thomas
Personal Productivity Secrets by Maura Nevel Thomas
Work Without Walls by Maura Nevel Thomas