Manage episode 262216018 series 2398462
At the end of our 1999 World Cup series last year, we promised a season finale that would go revisit one game, with a series of voices from those who were there that day. And here it is. After a lot of work behind the scenes, we’re proud to bring to you this special episode about an afternoon that truly had it all – the oral history of the unforgettable semi-final between Australia and South Africa.
In addition to the radio and television commentary, you will hear from interviews we have conducted with:
· Adam Gilchrist, Australian master blaster wicketkeeper
· Tim Lane, commentating the finish for Test Match Special
· Tom Moody, Australia’s veteran all-rounder
· Steve Elworthy, South Africa’s opening bowler
· Simon Mann, who called the finish for BBC TV
· Lance Klusener, the mighty South African all-rounder
· Damien Fleming, the man who sent down the unforgettable 50th over.
A special thank you to Dave Collins for piecing that all together in editing – a mighty task, beautifully done.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.