155 | Gabrielle “Gabby” Reece | How to Leverage Adaptability to Become A World-Class Sports Icon, Super Model, and Fitness Thought Leader
Manage episode 348955727 series 2903666
The ability to adapt enhances your capacity to cope with change, regardless of its severity. Being adaptable helps you come up with diverse solutions to problems. It’s also about having the willingness to go the extra mile.
Going the extra mile is not just about feeling better about yourself. It is true that the more we are engaged in activities that enable us to put in our best effort, the better we feel about ourselves. But more than the positive self-image it brings, making a special effort to do and achieve something acts as a positive influence on other people.
Gabby Reece, former pro-volleyball player, supermodel, and co-founder and co-innovator of Laird Superfood and XPT, joins us to talk about her life as a former athlete, fashion model, actress, and as an entrepreneur.
In this episode, Darius and Gabby talk about the ways to get better at working under pressure, how to deal with online criticisms, the importance of adaptability, and why it matters to connect with people.
- How to thrive under pressure
- How Gabby got into volleyball during the early ’90s
- Gabby shares the differences in volleyball then and now
- What Gabby learned from modeling
- Best ways as a leader to leverage teams
- How to improve adaptability skills
- How Gabby handles compliments and criticisms
- Movement as a tool to protect mental health
- Why it is important to connect with other people
- Gabby talks about her marriage with Laird Hamilton
- Gabby explains XPT and what the training program offers
- And other topics…
The Power of One More by Ed Mylett: https://www.amazon.com/Power-One-More-Ed-Mylett/dp/1119815363
Brain Energy by Christopher M. Palmer: https://www.amazon.com/Brain-Energy-Revolutionary-Understanding-Health/dp/1637741588
The Breathing Cure by Patrick McKeown: https://www.amazon.com/BREATHING-CURE-Develop-Healthier-Happier/dp/1630061972
Connect with Gabby:
The Gabby Reece Show: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gabby-reece-show/id1492179907
Connect with Darius:
Book: The Core Value Equation https://www.amazon.com/Core-Value-Equation-Framework-Limitless/dp/1544506708
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices