Manage episode 234825238 series 2427952
Unpredictable spring weather in Zone 3 has Maggie & Dave reminding listeners about the importance of protecting plants when temperatures drop over night. Be mindful, growers! Dave shares a variegated milkweed as his favourite plant of the week while Maggie shares an interesting concept to support local farmers in your community. A listener question around harvesting asparagus sparks a discussion about proper care for the edible perennial too. The topic of this episode then turns to organic fertilizing, covering the benefits, the positive impact organic fertilizers has for plants & the environment, soluble vs. slow release fertilizer and finding the right one for your garden-style.
Organic Fertilizers Mentioned in this Episode Include…
- Vegano Plant-Based Fertilizer: https://www.welcomeharvestfarm.com/products.htm
- Sea Soil Compost: https://www.seasoil.com/about.html
- Jobes Fertilizer Spikes: https://jobescompany.com/product/jobes-organics-fertilizer-spike-all-purpose/
Connect with The Grow Guide
- Grow Guide FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/276990892799327/?ref=bookmarks
- Follow The Grow Guide: https://www.instagram.com/thegrowguidepod/?hl=en - Follow Maggie:https://www.instagram.com/fromsoiltosoul/?hl=en - Follow Dave:https://www.instagram.com/sagegardenherbs/?hl=en
69 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 41 mins duration .