Manage episode 276446405 series 2475269
So many times, we want to show up in our lives and in our businesses but we fear what other people might think and say about us.
This causes you to stay small and gives you perceived safety, but ultimately it's pulling you further and further away from your calling.
In this Gutsy Podcast Exclusive, we're talking to Sean Hunter, also known as #pelotonhusband, about the effects of negative feedback and how to overcome them.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Sean dances the line between being a gym teacher, an actor, and studying for his Master’s degree.
- Why it’s important to listen to that voice telling you, ‘You need to do this’.
- Advice to aspiring actors, musicians, artists that want to pursue something but feel it’s insanely out of reach.
- How the pandemic has shone clarity on many facets of life.
- The importance of being in a ‘reflective state’ as well as ‘reframing the mind’ through language.
- The 2019 Peloton Christmas commercial and the perspective Sean hopes to shift concerning the commercial’s controversy.
- The effects of negative feedback and how to overcome them.
- The importance of infusing curiosity into your life.
- What GUTSY means to Sean.
Sean is a teacher by trade and actor by hobby. He's a K-7 gym teacher and the former #pelotonhusband living in Vancouver. He enjoys acting, teaching, lots of backdoor activities, and staying social with friends.
Sean played the role of the husband in the 2019 holiday commercial for Peloton, an at-home indoor cycling brand. The commercial received millions of views (I’m talking over 5 million views) and at the time raged the world.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Click HERE to watch the 2019 holiday Peloton commercial.
Want to ride with me? Go find me on the Peloton leaderboard @lauraaura.
CONNECT WITH SEAN HUNTER
CONNECT WITH LAURAAURA
THANK YOU, GUTSY TRIBE!
We love, love, love to read your comments, feedback, and reviews. If you haven’t yet, drop us one below! Your review might even get highlighted within one of our gutsy love posts or on our website.