Manage episode 303395140 series 2475269
Trauma comes in all shapes and sizes. There’s no right or wrong, good or bad – we each experience aspects of our life through a different lens.
What you may not realize, however, is that unreleased trauma can show up physically and could be part of the reason you’re not succeeding in business the way you know you could be.
Today, we’re talking to Janelle Hardy about how trauma may be showing up in your body and business along with some ways that you can move it through you.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Janelle talks about her entrepreneurial journey, which involves following her intuition
- What does bodywork entail and why is it so impactful?
- What are trauma responses and how do they work?
- How does unresolved trauma tend to show up physically in our bodies?
- How long does it typically take to release trauma?
- Working through limiting beliefs of pricing and income
- Ways we can practice bodywork at home to release energy and trauma
She's been working as a trauma-informed bodyworker in the hands-on healing arts fields for 13+ years and as an artist (writing, painting + dance) for 17+ years.
Throughout that time she’s taught adults out of her living room, art centers, universities and community colleges and has integrated all of her expertise into supporting people in their creative healing work via the alchemy of transformational memoir-writing.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Call of the Wild by Kimberly Ann Johnson
Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve by Stanley Rosenberg
Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine
CONNECT WITH JANELLE HARDY
Facebook: Janelle Hardy
CONNECT WITH LAURAAURA
We love, love, love to read your comments, feedback, and reviews. If you haven’t yet, drop us one below! Your review might even get highlighted within one of our gutsy love posts or on our website.