Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 10, 2020 23:37 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 262886040 series 2489505
In this episode, Jim and Ben share about their visualization challenge to sketch an icon of themselves as saints. They also discuss the power of creativity and visualization, especially in finding freedom from anxiety. Check out some of the studies on visualization below:
- Visualizing ideal self vs. actual self through avatars: Impact on preventive health outcomes, Computers in Human Behavior
- Visualization: Reducing speech anxiety and enhancing performance, Communication Reports
- Testing Public Anxiety Treatments Against a Credible Placebo Control, Communication Education
- A simple visualization exercise for reducing test anxiety and improving performance on difficult math tests, Journal of Worry and Affective Experience
- The effect of psychological interventions on anxiety and depression in cancer patients: results of two meta-analyses, British Journal of Cancer
Jim Owens – Licensed Counselor and Professor of Counseling
Ben Pohl – Catholic High School Campus Minister
During our season on The Healing Power of Art, we discuss the way in which various forms of art and creativity can foster interior health and healing and how it can even support physical health due to its psychological benefits.
Seasons of The Healing Road Podcast consist of ~10 episodes and cover broad topics. Mini-Series‘ consist of ~5 episodes and tackle specific and relevant issues, like anxiety, healthy habits, etc.