Manage episode 287271156 series 1334013
Are you on a never ending quest to get the body of your dreams & lose weight? Did you grow up as an athlete who's struggled with weight and body image since you stopped training? Have you gone on a quest to heal your body with food and developed disordered eating patterns from all the restrictions? If you’re struggling right now or have been for years this episode if for you. Dana Monsees is a Board-Certified Nutritionist, Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist, Body Image Coach and host of the podcast Real Talk with Dana where she’s teaching women how to fix their relationship with food and their bodies, one delicious meal & episode at a time. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast Dana and Dr. Jannine Krause dive into how chronic control of food & exercise combined with negative self talk trash your gut, adrenals & overall health.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• Why it's key to work on your relationship with food & self before diving into other health issues
• How using "food as medicine" can cause disordered eating
• How your negative self talk compounds overtime to trash your gut & adrenals
• Why your quest to always be losing weight is fatiguing you
• How competitive athletes are prone to struggling with weight & body image