Manage episode 290207780 series 1334013
Do you know what a healthy period looks like? Having a healthy period is an indicator of your over all health. Tracking a period using an app is common but it’s not a reliable way to get to know your body. Period problems, cycle issues & infertility are common complaints. The healthier your period is going into menopause the less menopausal issues you’ll have. Nora Pope & Dr. Jessica Liu teamed up to teach doctors & other health practitioners the ins and outs of periods & fertility. Nora is a retired ND & Dr. Jessica Liu is a naturopathic doctor who specializes in women’s health & fertility. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause, Nora Pope & Dr. Liu are going to be talking about cycle charting vs using apps, progesterone replacement therapy, fertility awareness & literacy as well as infertility treatments.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why using an app to track periods isn’t ideal
- How “white flow” is a key indicator of a healthy period
- Why progesterone is a key player in your cycle
- Why ovulation predictors are inaccurate
- How to use cycle charting to optimize your health