Manage episode 263194307 series 2449495
Hello everyone, we are back with another COVID-19 episode to dive further into what is going on with American economics and how it relates to you on a personal level, especially as physicians. I hope that everyone is doing well and learning to live their best life in this new world.
In case you missed it, on March 18th, SC and I put out an episode that discussed rebalancing your investment portfolio and the rate cut by the federal bank. Then, on March 21st, we put out the second episode in this series, discussing interest rates, refinancing your home, and creating a budget. Lastly, on March 30th, we put out the third episode in the series talking all about the CARES Act. So, if you missed any of those, please go back and check them out first.
If you’d like to support the podcast, I’d so appreciate it if you head over to HippocraticHustle.com/Patreon. You can find information there about how you can support the show.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send emails to carrie@HippocraticHustle.com.
Finally, please tell everyone you know about the show! Episodes are coming out fast and furious, and I’m hoping it helps you, even just a little, as we all fight this pandemic together. Please subscribe and share this with other doctors and medical professionals.
My guest today, Sarah Catherine Gutierrez, aka SC, is a speaker, writer and owner of a financial planning company, called Aptus Financial. She is passionate about demystifying the financial world to women so that they can focus on the most important thing we need to do: save money for our future selves. SC also runs a blog for women and finance called, "LadySplainingMoney." SC was a featured speaker at the recent WCI conference. She lives a beautifully simple life under quarantine in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The opinions expressed in the Blog are for general informational purposes only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual or on any specific security or investment product. It is only intended to provide education about the financial industry. The views reflected in the commentary are subject to change at any time without notice.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Life updates with Carrie and SC.
- What is going on with student loans that are in forbearance.
- Why you should check your credit report during the pandemic.
- Why it’s important to do a lot of research before being tempted to buy individual stocks during this economy.
- How the market is doing and why it’s important not to try to, “Time the Market.”
- How you can use your mindset to make positive decisions and changes in your life.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Listen to Ep. 1 of this series first: Economics of Covid 19- Ep. 1.
- Then, check out Ep.2: Economics of Covid-19- Ep. 2.
- Then, check out Ep.3: Economics of Covid-19- Ep. 3.
- Check out SC’s website at: com.
- Read up on all things women and finance on her blog: com.
- Check your credit report for free at: AptusFinancial.com.
- Read more about stock picks and the market in John Bogle’s book: Enough: True Measures of Money, Business, and Life.
- Learn how to make decisions in a different way by reading Annie Duke’s book: Thinking in Bets: Making Smarter Decisions when You Don't Have all the Facts.
- Listen in as Annie Duke explains how she played the gender card to win The World Series of Poker on: NPR's Hidden Brain Podcast.
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Support the show here: hippocratichustle.com/Patreon
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!