Manage episode 244280350 series 2391417
On this segment of “In the Middle,” we’re here with Elsie and Von - a couple that started off with almost $125,000 of debt and, within a year and a half, have cut down their debt to $58,000.
They’re a couple with three kids, two properties, and a plethora of past challenges who are in the middle of tackling their debt on their journey towards debt freedom.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The importance of communication and teamwork for couples
- The difference between regular and student loans
- How to get your spouse on board with paying off debt
- How to work through grief and challenges in a partnership
- Prioritizing mental health before addressing financial changes
- Talking to friends and family about debt journeys
- Making small changes to save money
- How to stay accountable and motivated