Manage episode 210259649 series 1249875
Do you ever feel like your days are on repeat? Are you exhausted just thinking about tomorrow? Do you feel like you are on the hamster wheel of little kids? Or a chronic illness? Or just having a hard time finding a little joy in your day? Today we are covering all of that and more! Listen in:
Listen to the Podcast:
We also recorded this blog post as an audio podcast. If you want to listen in instead of reading, click play below or do a combination of both
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Encouragement for you mama!
I came across this question recently in a homeschool group I’m apart of. This gal was just posting the question to the group and got some great responses from it. But when I glanced and saw this question, it tugged at my heart. It might be because I can deeply identify with her, it might be because of the twins, and it’s probably because I hear moms/women express this all the time. Here’s what she asked:
“I have twin 4 year old twins and a 1 year old. Mommas, I’m exhausted! Each day feels like a repeat of the day before. Each day feels like a struggle to stay calm and release the desire to go hide for a bit. Is this just this phase of life with little ones or is it just me? Does anyone have any encouragement (or empathy) or suggestions, like a chapter of the Bible you dive into during hard seasons of life? Thanks!”
Here’s what we cover in today’s episode:
- You are NOT alone in these feelings.
- Yes, this is part of this season of littles. It is physically exhausting and that’s okay!
- To break the monotony, trying adding one new thing to the schedule to break things up!
- Add in something for YOU: You do need a few minutes to yourself!! We give and give and give. Don’t be afraid to stop and refuel yourself every once in a while.
- God doesn’t promise us an easy and care free life. Life is hard, and life with littles is exhausting and physically demanding. But we are called to serve. So when you are feeling burnt out and overwhelmed, make sure you are digging into that relationship with God as best you can. Schedule a once a month coffee date with your Bible, etc.
- Leave the Bible around the house, don’t neglect that all important relationship.
- Remember: you are doing a very important task. BUT we have to be careful that we don’t make an idol out of it.
Links & Resources:
- Finding Joy in Your Home Free eCourse
- Defending Your Choice as a Homemaker
- Practical Ways to Set the Atmosphere in Your Home
- Are you Delighting in God and Your Family Today?
The post When Your Day Feels Like it’s on Repeat…and it’s exhausting! – Hf #135 appeared first on Young Wife's Guide.
177 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 40 mins duration .