Manage episode 245746280 series 2543942
On this week's The Razor's Edge, we discussed Akram's Razor's recent short case on Invitae (NVTA). If you're following the stock, you're probably aware of the two articles the author of The Razor's Edge has posted on the company. There's a lot to cover, so we broke it down in a podcast recorded on Monday, November 4th, i.e. two days before yesterday's earnings came out. It also came out before Myriad Genetics (MYGN) earnings this week. We were joined by a colleague of Akram's, James, to have a little more color on the story.
- 2:00 minute mark - Why Invitae?
- 8:15 - Investment case of accumulating the world's genetic information
- 17:45 - Comparison to Amazon... gene testing as a product.
- 22:30 - Theranos's issues and the comparison to Invitae
- 34:00 - Could Invitae build a data business?
- 40:30 - The long case for Myriad
- 50:30 - Challenges for NVTA
- 58:00 - Where do we go from here? What's the measuring stick?
- 1:03:00 - Is there a path to profilitablity for NVTA?
- 1:21:30 - Disruption of the market, redirection of resources, fraud issues and "nobility".
- 1:34:30 - Difficulty of building a sustainable model in healthcare due to costs.