Manage episode 209479897 series 1120656
Medicine is in a bad place right now, and the only way it can change is if a huge disruption takes place. What will the disruption entail? Why are so many people suffering from addiction and escapism? What are the keys to being optimized? On this episode, Dr. Michael Sagner goes deep on these insights in a high-level conversation.
- Everything in health is connected.
- Medicine has to be preventive, predictive, personalized, and participatory.
- We have to leverage medical intervention, technology, and science, and make it available for people who want to be healthy.
At the start of the show, Dr. Sagner shares what he sees as the future of medicine, and why medicine as we know it today is going to crumble. We also discussed increasing lifespan, healthspan and performance.
We also discussed:
- The state of global health
- How so many people are living to escape
- How Hollywood manipulates us
There’s nothing left for the current model of healthcare and medicine besides a huge disruption and crash. Technology and consciousness are moving at such a rate and speed that all the old brick and mortar systems cannot survive. It’s so important to stop people from going down the spiral of the sick care model. For this to happen, doctors are going to have to be less like “white coat gods”, and more like bio-engineers who want to help their patients achieve optimization.
Guest Bio- Dr. Michael Sagner is a medical doctor and sports medicine & preventive medicine specialist. He is also a certified strength and conditioning coach as well as a certified sports nutritionist.