Manage episode 210341807 series 1120656
Obesity in children is no longer a rare occurrence. Technology has made it easier for children to play and communicate without leaving the house. What are the long-term consequences of consuming too much junk food and lacking exercise? What role do parents play in this? How can it be fixed without making your children feel frustrated? In this episode, Mike Ritter speaks about the hormonal mutations that appear in obese children over time and what can parents do about it.
If your child is living in your home and they are obese, you are guilty as a parent. -Jay Campbell
- Traditional medicine is good when it comes to pathology, but it doesn’t have a holistic approach. It doesn’t delve deeper into what causes high blood sugar levels, or obesity.
- Children who are obese or who overeat tend to suffer later in their lives as well, since it can lead to hormonal disruptions and mutations.
- As a parent, it’s your duty to lead by example. Cook healthy meals and go outside at least an hour every day.
In the beginning of the podcast, we discussed how many children are suffering from obesity and what long-term effects come from carrying excess weight. We then talked about what happens when kids stay indoors and remain sedentary from an early age.
We also covered:
- The importance of leading children towards a healthy lifestyle by example
- Giving your children a choice and letting them pick what activities suit them
The number of teenagers and children who suffer from Type 2 diabetes is steadily rising, and it’s your responsibility as a parent to lead by example. Just telling your kids to eat healthier and exercise won’t work if you have unhealthy habits. You have to conduct yourself as a healthy parent because children imitate what they see in their own home.
Mike Ritter is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer & Corrective Specialist, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, Functional Range Conditioning mobility specialist, and a Certified Metabolic Fitness Practitioner.
In short, he helps people determine what hormonal imbalances they have and comes up with an all-natural, holistic solution to their issues, without the use of pills or addictive medicines. You can find out more about him and his services at http://resultcult.com/about-us/.