Manage episode 253319896 series 2030630
John Tierney (@johntierneynyc) is an award-winning science columnist for The New York Times, and he's the co-author of The Power of Bad: How the Negativity Effect Rules Us and How We Can Rule It.
[Featured photo by Jamie Meggas]
What We Discuss with John Tierney:
- What is negativity bias, and why does even a small dose of it have the power to overwhelm even our greatest reserves of positivity?
- How can we psychologically overcome this innate negativity bias?
- How we can watch the news (especially during an election year) without succumbing to deep despair at the state of the world by consuming what John calls a low-bad diet.
- Why the worst person at your workplace has the power to passively drag the whole team down beyond the abilities of the best person to bring it up.
- The negative golden rule -- it's what you do not do unto others that really matters.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/312
Pela is helping create a plastic-free planet -- one case at a time -- with the world's first backyard compostable phone case and zero-waste screen protector for phones and Apple watches. Find out more and take 15 percent off your first order by going to pelacase.com/discount/JORDAN!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Fiverr has a mission to change how the world works together by connecting businesses with freelancers offering digital services in 250+ categories. Whether you're looking for new copy and a design for your website or a voicemail message in an exotic accent from a faraway land, Fiverr can deliver at a price you can afford. Go to Fiverr.com and use code JORDAN at checkout to get 10% off!
Don't let a botched below-the-belt trim snag your summer plans -- Manscaped has precision tools for your family jewels! Go to Manscaped.com and get 20 percent off with free shipping by using code JORDAN20 at checkout!
Better Help offers...