Manage episode 292952367 series 2030630
What We Discuss with Rob Reid:
- While COVID-19 has been devastating on a global scale, it's comparatively benign when we consider how bad it could have been with a deadlier, more transmissible virus and a decimated infrastructure without access to basic necessities.
- What gain of function research is, and why it's so dangerous in a world where even the most secure laboratories can leak pathogens into the general population.
- The death toll inflicted by society's suicidal mass murderers is limited only by the weapons they have available -- whether they're guns, knives, airplanes, or synthetically manufactured superviruses created by soon-to-be commonplace genetic manipulation technology.
- The steps we can take as an international community to fend off the malevolent efforts of a few bad actors by creating an infrastructure that can detect and prevent the spread of any potential future pandemic.
- How DNA printers with the ability to create pandemic-defying vaccines on demand may become as common in the home as smoke alarms.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/510
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!