Manage episode 250861712 series 1280024
Today's sponsor is Feals
When we empower girls and women, we empower families and communities to thrive. Join us as we learn more about just how powerful intentional nature-based rites of passage can be for girls living in today’s world and the caregivers who raise them. Whether you have a daughter or not, today’s guest will inspire you to connect with nature and perhaps create a spark of joy as a result.
Lorene Wapotich is the Founder of Celebrating Her Rite and Feet on the Earth Programs. She has dedicated her life to connecting people with nature, self, community, and the magic of life through deep nature-connection mentoring and community-based rites of passage. Lorene is a dynamic teacher, passionate speaker, and national lecturer and workshop leader on girls coming of age ceremonies and rites of passage. She has over 25 years experience as an outdoor educator, wilderness guide, and herbalist in the Wise Woman Tradition. Lorene holds a Bachelors Degree in Wilderness Leadership and Natural History Education from Prescott College, and a Masters in Education from Lesley University with a focus on girls’ development, nature-based mentoring, and rites of passage.
What We’ll Learn
- Where the phrase “rites of passage” comes from and what it means.
- How we can empower girls and women to boost confidence, courage and grit by challenging them to overcome limitations and celebrate their accomplishments.
- How the elements (earth, air, water, fire) of the natural world can guide the process of personal growth and exploration.
- How to discover or reclaim your passion.
- What are the many benefits of spending time in nature?
Today’s show sponsor: Feals premium CBD
Connect with Lorene Wapotich:
Thank you for Listening
It is a true honor to bring this podcast to you and I am so grateful that you took the time to listen. If you enjoyed the show, please share it with your friends and family. The JOY Factor Podcast
Do you have a second to complete this brief listener survey? It helps our show track who is listening so we can create topics of interest to you! http://survey.libsyn.com/thejoyfactorpodcast
Brought to You by: Feels