Manage episode 247634788 series 2519809
Dan Cardon has 17 years of international Sales & Marketing Management experience in Australia, UK, Hong Kong and the Philippines for different corporations. Now he is in a Hotel business as a developer and owner.
During this episode, Dan will explain how he left his successful corporate career to start his own business. Learn the ins and outs of building a hostel on small remote islands like Boracay including other countries. Listen to the end so you can overcome your fears of making big changes in your career. Find out if the risk is worth it!
- 01:36 - Guest introduction: Dan Cardon
- 09:09 - Leaving a corporate career for a hostel business
- 13:35 - Ins and outs of building a hostel on an island
- 20:30 - What do you do when the island gets a tourist ban
- 12:11 - "The island was on shutdown, but you were not allowed to fire anybody." - Dan Cardon
- 24:57 Doing business in a developing country
- 25:51 - "I see a huge upside in a crisis like that, if you are resilient, there is so much opportunity!" - Dan Cardon
- 26:24 - Attracting customers and managing reviews
- 28:17 - Extending the current business into new areas
- 29:54 - Should you become a business owner if you have a successful corporate career