Manage episode 268876648 series 1851576
Joining us today is Dr. Paul Saladino the leading authority on the carnivore diet. In this episode we dive into what made Dr. Saladino go carnivore, why plants may NOT be the best source of nutrients and best practices for exclusively eating meat.
If you want to dive deeper into the carnivore lifestyle make sure to tune into Dr. Saladino on the The Fundamental Health Podcast.
- What got him into the carnivore lifestyle and what was his nutrition like before? [1:34]
- How plants may be interfering with your human biology. [8:10]
- Why autoimmune diseases are created by the things we are putting in our mouths. [14:50]
- The concept and importance of eating nose to tail. [18:54]
- What do testicles and brains taste like? [31:33]
- The sigma behind red meat being bad for you. [36:45]
- Unpacking your bowel movements on the carnivore diet. [40:59]
- Why he is a HUGE proponent of continuous glucose monitors (CGM). [49:58]
- NOT all calories are created the same. [1:00:00]
- What meat does he stay away from? [1:03:54]
- Does eating red meat make you “high?” [1:05:24]
- Paul Saladino, MD (@carnivoremd) • Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- The Carnivore Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Optimal Health by Returning to Our Ancestral Diet – Book by Paul Saladino
- Nightshades and Thyroid Health - Natural Thyroid Treatment
- Books | Amy Myers MD
- Kettle & Fire - Premium & 100% Grass-Fed Bone Broth
- Heart & Soil — Nose to Tail Supplements
- Saturated Fats and Health: A Reassessment and Proposal for Food-based Recommendations: JACC State-of -the-Art Review
- Belcampo Meat Co
- Plant-based diets are best… or are they?
- Personalized Nutrition | Nutrisense | United States
- Will carbohydrates give me Diabetes? The CGM episode!
- The Best Way To Test For Ketosis & Track Your Blood Glucose.
- Amy Myers MD - Gut Health (@amymyersmd) • Instagram
- Ben Greenfield Fitness (@bengreenfieldfitness) • Instagram
- JP Sears (@awakenwithjp) • Instagram
- Joe Rogan (@joerogan) • Instagram
- 80% of Americans are deficient in magnesium. To make matters worse... there are 7 different types of magnesium and most supplements only contain 1! That is where Magnesium Breakthrough from BiOptimizers comes in with the world's most potent, and FIRST full spectrum magnesium supplement. Visit MagBreakthrough.com/Kris for 20% off your first order.
- Feeling stress or anxiety in your everyday life or because of the state of the world? One of the best ways to relieve the symptoms of anxiety and calm down is with CBD. Now not all CBD is created equal that's why Kris turns to Ned CBD. Ned uses full spectrum CBD from REAL hemp. No isolates, no synthetic ingredients, just CBD and organic MCT oil. Go to HelloNed.com/Gethin or simply use the code GETHIN to get 15% off and free shipping on your first order.
Connect with Kris Instagram: @krisgethin