Manage episode 228002306 series 2391274
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking with ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones, about how to start thinking about your 2L job search when you're still a 1L.
In this episode we discuss:
- What your priority should be at this point in your 1L year
- How to get organized and set yourself up for success
- Why you should engage with your Career Services office sooner rather than later
- How to maximize your 1L summer experience in your 2L job search
- Why networking both on and off campus can pay off
- How to stand out by being prepared and polished from the start of your job search
- Podcast Episode 7: Time & Life Management Basics (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-7-time-life-management-basics/)
- Podcast Episode 55: An Overview of BigLaw OCI (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-55-overview-biglaw-campus-interviewing-oci/)
- Podcast Episode 140: OCI Strategy (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/episode-140-oci-strategy-w-sadie-jones/)
- Podcast Episode 179: What to Do If You Still Don’t Have a Summer Job (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-179-what-to-do-if-you-still-dont-have-a-summer-job-w-ex-biglaw-recruiter-sadie-jones/)
- CareerDicta: Strategies & Resources for Your Legal Career (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .