Manage episode 240621100 series 2391274
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're discussing how mindfulness practices can positively influence your brain and help you perform at your best by combating procrastination, worry, anxiety, anger, and sleep issues.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Alison and Lee were introduced to mindfulness practices
- How paying attention to the good things that happen to you, instead of the bad ones, can really turn your day around
- Some of the different types of meditation you could try
- Using body scans to release stress
- How yoga could contribute to your well-being
- Why tactical breathing is used in the military and how it could benefit you
- The fact that mindfulness doesn't have to be a huge commitment, but could make a big difference in how you feel
- Warrior One (https://warriorone.com/)
- The Places That Scare You, by Pema Chodron (https://www.amazon.com/Places-that-Scare-You-Fearlessness/dp/1570629218)
- Finding Your Own North Star, by Martha Beck (https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Your-Own-North-Star-ebook/dp/B0019O6IXE)
- Mindsight, by Dan Siegel (https://www.drdansiegel.com/books/mindsight/)
- Podcast Episode 202: Book Club – Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-202-book-club-mindsight-the-new-science-of-personal-transformation/)
- Headspace (https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app)
- Calm (https://www.calm.com/)
- Law School Toolbox blog: Mindfulness in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/cultivating-mindset-success-law-school/mindfulness-in-law-school/)
- Law School Toolbox blog: Mindfulness for Law Students (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/mindfulness-law-students/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee