Manage episode 212885392 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're excited to welcome back Jeremy Richter, attorney and author of the new book, Building A Better Law Practice, recently published by the ABA. He has some practical tips for young lawyers, to help you build a successful and satisfying law practice.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mistakes young lawyers make in their early careers
- Some tips for building and maintaining client relationships
- Ways to develop skills as a young lawyer and manage your caseload
- How to market yourself when you really hate traditional networking events
- The vital importance of self-care and figuring out what that means for you
- Building a Better Law Practice (https://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=310444728&term=jeremy+richter)
- Podcast Episode 116: Life as a Small Law Firm Associate (w/Jeremy Richter) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-116-life-as-a-small-law-firm-associate-with-jeremy-richter/#more-16912)
- Jeremy W. Richter Blog (http://www.jeremywrichter.com)
- Listen Like a Lawyer Blog (https://listenlikealawyer.com)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Episode-154-Building-A-Better-Law-Practice-w-Jeremy-Richter.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee