Manage episode 212885391 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're continuing our series of "What not to do" episodes with ex-BigLaw recruiter, Sadie Jones, and we're talking about Callback Interviews.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tips for handling the “lunch” interview including what NOT to do
- Key things to prepare for in callback interviews that are different from the initial interview
- What firms are really looking for in callback interviews
- Important resume tips that apply to any job search
- Special considerations when the firm is paying for you to travel to the interview
- Ahead of the Curve: What are Big Law Recruiters Really Looking for? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/ahead-of-the-curve-what-are-big-law-recruiters-really-looking-for/#more-16081)
- Podcast Episode 4: Callback Tips for BigLaw Summer Associate Positions (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-4-callback-tips-biglaw-summer-associate-positions/)
- NALP Principles and Standards for Law Placement and Recruitment Activities (https://www.nalp.org/fulltextofnalpprinciplesandstandards)
- NALP Printable Travel Expense Form (https://www.nalp.org/uploads/TravelExpenseReimbursementForm2018.pdf)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/LST-EP-155-Top-Callback-Mistakes-to-Avoid-w-Sadie.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee