Manage episode 217467709 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're talking about elevator pitches and whether you need one as a law student. Spoiler alert: Yes, you do!
In this episode, we discuss:
- What exactly is an elevator pitch and when might you need to have one?
- Whether you must know exactly what you want to do with your legal career to craft an effective elevator pitch
- Goals of an effective elevator pitch and how to create one
- Why one interesting fact about yourself can start a conversation
- Fake it till you make it – practice makes perfect when trying to develop your elevator pitch
- Don’t be intimidated! Lawyers actually LOVE making connections and referrals
- The Girl’s Guide to Law School: What’s Your Elevator Pitch? (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/07/whats-your-elevator-pitch/)
- Podcast Episode 57: Tips for Surviving Law School Orientation (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-57-tips-surviving-law-school-orientation/)
- Legal Networking 101: How Do You Know What to Talk While Networking? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/legal-networking-101-how-do-you-know-what-to-talk-about-while-networking/)
- Podcast Episode 74: Should You Go to Law School? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/074-go-law-school/#more-13423)
- Preparing for Your Legal Career: Ten Books to Read Before You Begin Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/preparing-for-your-legal-career-10-books-to-read-before-you-begin-law-school/)
- Getting a Jump Start on the 1L Summer Job Search (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/getting-a-jump-start-on-the-1l-summer-job-search/)
- The Girl’s Guide to Law School: Leaving Litigation: What Comes Next? (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/08/leaving-litigation-what-comes-next/)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/LST-Ep-165-What-is-Elevator-Pitch-and-Do-you-need-one.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .