Manage episode 219466590 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we’re talking about setting your priorities in law school when you're overwhelmed by your to-do list. This is the time in the semester when things get really busy and overwhelming, so tune in to find out how to tame your to-do list and get the most important stuff done.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The two biggest mistakes law students make – prioritizing the urgent over the important and neglecting self-care
- What the difference is between urgent and important tasks on your to-do list and how to prioritize them (HINT: ROI – return on investment)
- Three don’ts – don’t skip class; don’t over-prioritize certain tasks; and don’t forget self-care
- Why it’s ok to leave something on the table; you might not finish 100% of your reading or brief every case, and that's okay
- Self-care – make sure you’re sleeping, eating well, spending some time with loved ones outside of law school, and exercising
- Podcast Episode 88: Self-Care Tips for Keeping Your Mojo in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-88-self-care-tips-for-keeping-your-mojo-in-law-school/)
- Save Time by Book Briefing Your Cases (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/save-time-by-book-briefing-your-cases/)
- Podcast Episode 12: Resume and Cover Letter Basics (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-12-resume-cover-letter-basics/)
- Podcast Episode 167: Do You Have to Join a Study Group in Law School? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-167-do-you-have-to-join-a-study-group-in-law-school/)
- Six Ways to Make Time to Exercise in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/6-ways-make-time-exercise-law-school/)
- HuffPost: Sacrificing Sleep for Study Time Doesn’t Make the Grade (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/students-sleep_b_1862002)
- Parenting in Law School: Surviving Your 1L Year While Raising a Family (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/law-school-kids-surviving-1l-year-raising-family/)
- How to Organize Your To Do List in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/how-to-organize-your-to-do-list-in-law-school/)
- Ahead of the Curve: Time Management – The Value of Valuable Work Throughout the Semester (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/ahead-of-the-curve-time-management-the-value-of-valuable-work-throughout-the-semester/)
- Podcast Episode 20: The Exam Countdown – One Month and Counting! (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-20-exam-countdown-one-month-counting/)
- Five Techniques for Using Deep Work to Excel in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/five-techniques-for-using-deep-work-to-excel-in-law-school/)
- NALP – National Association of Legal Professionals, Inc. (https://www.nalp.org)
- You are What You Eat! Eating Well in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/you-are-what-you-eat-eating-well-in-law-school/)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/LST-Ep-169-Setting-Priorities-in-Law-School.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .