Manage episode 226093832 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're excited to be talking with ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones about negotiating job offers.
In this episode we discuss:
- The difference between a BigLaw offer and other job offers
- What you can negotiate – it’s not just about the salary!
- How to figure out what salary to shoot for when negotiating an entry-level position
- How to balance aiming high with being realistic
- What to do if you get a job offer on the spot
- Why you really have to diligently read your contract!
- GlassDoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/index.htm)
- LinkedIn Salary (https://www.linkedin.com/salary/)
- Robert Half Salary Guide (https://www.roberthalf.com/sites/roberthalf.ca/files/documents/2018_salary_guide_CA_legal.pdf)
- Law School Myth #1: Lawyers Make a Lot of Money (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/09/law-school-myth-1-lawyers-make-a-lot-of-money/)
- Getting to Yes (https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Yes-Negotiating-Agreement-Without/dp/0140157352)
- CareerDicta: Strategies & Resources for Your Legal Career (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .