Manage episode 226607060 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast. Today we're talking to Jennifer Warren about the realities of motherhood, and parenthood in general, in the legal profession.
In this episode we discuss:
- How you know it is the “right” time for children
- What to consider about your job and career when thinking about having children
- How to balance your life and job with the physical reality of being pregnant
- When to tell your coworkers and boss that you’re pregnant
- How to plan for your parental leave and childcare
- How social media can be a game changer for finding information and support as a new mom
- Pumping, bottle-feeding, and why feeding your baby isn’t always as simple as it seems
- Parental Leave: What to Expect When You Return to Work (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/04/parental-leave-what-to-expect-when-you-return-to-work/)
- The Leaky Pipeline: Can Women Have a Family in BigLaw? (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/12/the-leaky-pipeline-can-women-have-a-family-in-biglaw-with-podcast/)
- Lessons Learned While Preparing for Parental Leave (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/04/lessons-learned-while-preparing-for-parental-leave/)
- The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the Type A Professional (https://fairygodboss.com/career-topics/the-office-maternity-leave-checklist-for-the-type-a-professional)
- State Family and Medical Leave Laws (http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-family-and-medical-leave-laws.aspx)
- How to be Both a Parent and a Lawyer (https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/mom-dad-parent-lawyer/405742/)
- 10 Out-of-the-Box Childcare Options That Are Changing Working Moms’ Lives (https://www.workingmother.com/10-out-box-childcare-options-that-are-changing-working-moms-lives)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .