Manage episode 227117418 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking with ex-BigLaw recruiter, Sadie Jones, about when and how to change direction in your job search.
In this episode we discuss:
- How you know it’s time to change direction in your job hunt
- How to best use your time, energy, and network
- Why you need to be realistic and honest with yourself
- Who to ask for feedback, and what feedback you need
- Why it’s time to just get started!
- CareerDicta: Strategies & Resources for Your Legal Career (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta)
- Podcast Episode 5: Maintaining Authenticity in the Legal Profession (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-5-maintaining-authenticity-legal-profession/)
- Podcast Episode 27: Job Interview Basics (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-27-job-interview-basics/)
- Podcast 111: Resumes and Cover Letters (w/ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-111-resumes-cover-letters-ex-biglaw-recruiter/)
- Michelle Obama: Becoming (https://becomingmichelleobama.com/)
- Spring Semester Sprint: SOS Suggestions for Snagging a 2L Summer Job (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/spring-semester-sprint-sos-suggestions-for-snagging-a-2l-summer-job/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode.
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .