Manage episode 228493327 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're kicking off a new series: The Law School Toolbox Book Club. This is a chance for us to chat with you about the books we're reading and why you might want to check them out. Today we're talking about Becoming, by Michelle Obama.
In this episode we discuss:
- The new autobiography, Becoming, by Michelle Obama
- Some key takeaways about gender and race in the legal profession
- Embracing a growth mindset and asking for you want
- That even someone as accomplished as Michelle Obama can fail the bar!
- Becoming, by Michelle Obama (https://becomingmichelleobama.com/)
- We Were Eight Years in Power, by Ta-Nehisi Coates (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/550170/we-were-eight-years-in-power-by-ta-nehisi-coates/9780399590573/)
- The Final Year (https://www.finalyearfilm.com/)
- The World as It Is: A Memoir of the Obama White House, by Ben Rhodes (https://www.amazon.com/World-Memoir-Obama-White-House/dp/0525509356/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=_)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .