Manage episode 229000745 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking about thinking on your feet when you're on the spot.
In this episode we discuss:
- How practicing mindfulness when you aren’t stressed can help you cope when you’re on the spot
- Why it is not just okay, but important, to take a breath, pause, and think before answering questions
- The benefits of asking clarifying questions
- Why paying close attention and using active listening techniques is useful
- How to handle interruptions and other moments when you have to go “off-script”
- Why speaking in class is a skill set that you can (and should) practice
- How to project confidence even when you’re not feeling it
- Podcast Episode 29: Self-Care During Bar Exam Prep (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-129-self-care-during-bar-exam-prep/)
- Podcast Episode 37: Surviving Law school Moot Court (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-37/)
- Podcast Episode 62: Surviving the Socratic Method in Law School Classes (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-62-surviving-the-socratic-method-in-law-school-classes/)
- Podcast Episode 138: Top Ten Public Speaking Tips (w/Jennifer Warren) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/episode-138-top-ten-public-speaking-tips-w-jennifer-warren/)
- Toastmasters (http://www.toastmasters.org/)
- What Did Improv Classes Teach Me About Public Speaking (https://magneticspeaking.com/what-did-improv-classes-in-san-francisco-teach-me-about-public-speaking/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
197 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .