Manage episode 229492943 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking with ex-BigLaw recruiter, Sadie Jones, about how to make people hate you at work, so that, basically, you can avoid doing these things.
In this episode we discuss:
- Things to avoid, such as being late on your first day of work!
- How to make a good impression at social events (and how to make a bad one)
- Why there is almost no excuse for not showing up or notifying a host that you can’t make an event
- Why treating everyone with respect, always, is so important
- Why you need to treat summer jobs as the start of your professional reputation
- Why first drafts aren’t really drafts
- That it’s your job to make your boss look good
- Why you need to do your homework, and then ask good questions, to avoid surprises
- How important communication is to success at work
- What to do if you do mess up at work
- CareerDicta (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta)
- Networking Strategies (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta/networking-strategies/)
- Getting a Law Job, What to Wear, and How to Behave (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta/getting-law-job-wear-behave/)
- Getting an Offer: Being Professional in a Generation-Gap Workplace (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/getting-an-offer-being-professional-in-a-generation-gap-workplace/)
- Podcast Episode 25: How to Behave Like a Professional in the Legal Workplace (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-25-behave-like-professional-legal-workplace/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .