Manage episode 230885660 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking about what we learned about relationships at the Wisdom 2.0 conference we recently attended.
In this episode we discuss:
- Relationships in the workplace and how they can foster growth
- Why learning to cope with emotionally-challenging work can make you better at your job
- How lawyers tend to neglect their emotional brain and how this can impact your work life
- Why it’s important to be a better communicator and steps to do so
- How to advocate to a superior about why your skills are better used elsewhere (not on boring document review)
- The importance of paying attention to what and how you are emailing
- Wisdom 2.0 Summit (http://www.wisdom2summit.com)
- Marriage Minute (http://www.gottman.com/marriage-minute/)
- Brené Brown (https://brenebrown.com/)
- Podcast Episode 107: How to Build Positive Relationships in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-107-how-to-build-positive-relationships-in-law-school/)
- Relationships and Law School: Can They Coexist? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/relationships-law-school-can-coexist/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .